Arms of The Worshipful Company of Drapers.
Original gouache on artists' board.
Early 19th century.
Sheet size: 10" L x 11 5/8" W
History: An Association of drapers was in existence in the 12th century and is first mentioned when Henry Fitzailwin, first Mayor of London, left his property in the parish of St. Mary, Bothaw. It received its first Charter in 1364. The Grant of Arms was made in 1439, the document being the oldest surviving English grant of arms. Through the centuries they have been made trustees for a wide range of educational and welfare charities.
Item nr. 152416