UNDERWOOD and UNDERWOOD. Hong Kong and Canton. 15 stereoptic cards, loose as issued in the publisher's cloth slipcase, accompanied by an original Underwood stereo viewer. New York: Underwood and Underwood, 1901.
A fine set of this very rare series of views of Hong Kong and Canton. The views are:
1. Britain's rich Mart of the Orient - Hong Kong, from the Harbor.
2. Looking across the Bay to Kowloon...
3. Looking down the Chukiang River...Canton.
4. A Street of Flower Boats...Canton.
5. Canton, the vast Metropolis of China...
6. Panorama northwest from the City's northern Wall, Canton.
7. Looking into Shappat-Po Street...Canton.
8. Splendor of Chun-Ka-Chie...Canton.
9.In the Temple of 500 Genii...Canton.
10. Examination Hall...Canton.
11. West End of Shameen Island...Canton.
12. Mission Children...Canton.
13. Watching the "Foreign Devils".
14. Dying in the :Dying Field"...Canton.
15. A Chinese Bible-Woman, Canton.
Item nr. 141450